NICHE International is registered with the UK Charity Commission (registration number 1174977)
The object of the charity is: to relieve sickness and to promote and protect good health in the developing world, in particular but not exclusively Cameroon, by working to reduce infant and child mortality by assisting in the provision of training courses and other healthcare projects to neonatal nurses, midwives and allied healthcare staff.
OUR MISSION is to make outstanding care of newborn babies commonplace in poorly resourced areas of the world
- We do this by training healthcare workers in neonatal life support, using a Newborn Care course specifically designed for low and medium resource settings.
- Crucially, we also teach course candidates how to deliver this training to their own healthcare colleagues.
- Once qualified in neonatal life support, they are able to return to their own healthcare facilities and embed the best practices they have learned.
- When qualified as instructor trainers, they can in turn run their own courses, cascading skills and knowledge to their colleagues.
- Once sufficient instructors are sharing their training, our work is mostly done. Training and practice become sustainable and can continue without further input from NICHE international instructors on the ground.
- We continue to support the Continuing Professional Development of the local instructors, preventing skills decay, working alongside the Advanced Life Support Group to ensure that training standards are maintained and course materials kept up to date and evidence based.
Business plans, accounts and annual reports:
- Business plan 2019-2020 (coming soon)
- Business plan 2018-2019
- Accounts and annual reports available from the Charity Commission website